Thursday 25 April 2013

Buying wisteria or glycine

A good tip is to only buy when the plant is flowering otherwise you may make the mistake that I did and know others have too. It takes around 7 years for the plant to flower, so if not already flowering you may like me have to wait four years or more. Also two of the wisterias four years later turned out to be the wrong colours, one white and one a very pale blue. I bought from a reputable market garden and was assured they would flower the following year. I bought another last year already in flower and the right colour, but from another market garden!
Anybody with a nice wisteria picture?
Actually sent by Sue Hunt
Not only can Lawrence Hunt make the best swimming pools but he can grow wisteria, just as I would like mine!.
Comments to taglines82@gmail.com