Tuesday 2 April 2013

Is it going to be a bad " tick" year?

Morning Val

Just wondering if I can seek advice from your readers re the following.


Since early Feb my 3 dogs are having a terrible time with Tics. It seems worse then ever and despite treatment we are inundated . I have recently started them on triple strength garlic as am not keeping them at bay with the usual products. I am trying to avoid the Scalibor collars as in all honesty they havnt really helped in previous years and frontline is doing nothing. Poor Bob really suffers and has a skin reaction and bleeds when they are removed. If anyone has any ideas of what else I could try I would be very grateful (apart from keeping them inside that is).
From:Joanne Stephens <stephensjoanne@gmail.com>

      Thank you Jo  

Val says Bonny had 4 , yesterday two cats had one each, not a good start!
Louise Mcgregor says  With reference to Joanne Stephens' email on ticks. Once the ticks have been removed I use aloe vera gel on the animals to prevent irritation and infection. It calms the skin and is non-toxic. However, the only advice I have for ticks is the usual one of regular inspection.