Saturday 6 April 2013

Rupert has a change of heart

I had a go at my friend Ruve's iPad last night and discovered that I couldn't really use the keyboard. So, I'll add my voice to the Campaign Against Terrible Sitters with iPads Enterprise (CATSWIPE for short).

I'm far too big to be a lapdog. Although my Aunt Polly did have an ambition to be the world's first 100lb lapdog (she was a big lass), I don't think it suits me. But pats and strokes are another matter — the more the merrier I say! Depriving us dogs and, I suppose, cats of them counts as cruelty to animals in my opinion. We members of CATSWIPE should send a letter of protest to M. Hollande! To Mr Cameron! To President Obama! To the United Nations General Assembly! That should teach our heartless owners a lesson.

I suggest that, as a protest, we pets boycott whatever it is our owners enjoy most about us. Whether it's cuddling up to us in bed or letting them get exercise by throwing a ball to us, or us taking them for a walk. You get the idea. Each dog or cat knows what to do with his or her owner. Another ploy to bring them to their senses might be to do the thing that most annoys them, and do it repeatedly. Nothing destructive mind you, just annoying. Like Val's cats did. (Although I must say that spraying may be a bit OTT!) I have it on good authority that my nemesis Kandy the cat is off to catch a few mice to bring indoors.

Since Linda and David haven't caught this iPad disease yet I'm still OK, but I'm watching them and will act if and when necessary. In the meantime I'm with you in spirit my friends.
Barks
Rupert