Thursday 5 October 2017

One forgots how things change from autumn onwards

Thursdays for years now we have gone out for lunch, the two of us to discuss the week and how it has gone and then plan days ahead.
Come the beginning of October it gets more difficult !!
We like to go somewhere nearby as Malc prepares to go off to play bridge around 4 pm
Today we knew the La Seye et Vous was closed as Brice and Mark have two weeks on  holiday.
Malc walked the dogs in Varen and popped in to book at the Moulin... oh no, the Moulin is now being closed Wednesday and Thursday! An apologetic host laughingly said " I could make you a sandwhich"
So onward we went to Laguepie where the only choice was the Deux Riviere, ...oh! heavens also closed, not sure if it was " congés annuels or fermature exceptionelle"
So we drove to St. Andre de Najac  to the Relais Mont Viaur, you guessed it, closed.
It had been a lovely half an hour drive in the sun with the car roof down but we were starting to get hungry.
We agreed we would try Najac and then give up.
The L'oustal del Barry was open and although quiet when we arrived by the time we left the terrace was packed with 30 covers at least and all French, holiday makers by the look of it. Many smart Parisiens we thought ( it is quite smart there) 
We had a lovely meal and why I need to explain I do not know but I mix water with my red hence the large glass.  Also if I drink at lunchtime I do not drink in the evening... there I go again. All my relatives were Methodists !! 
We could have gone into St. Antonin I know and found restaurants open but how many I wonder?
Photos of a sweet old lady and her Mafiosa / mafioso godfather.
taglines82@gmail.com